Position: Software Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying current situations, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Working directly with clients when needed, in a support role
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Minimal 10 years of experience in Microsoft .NET, full life cycle desktop development with C#, with at least 15 years ( total ) in full life cycle development in .NET plus any other environments
- Minimal 5 years of experience developing in C/C++ under MS Windows.
- An extensive knowledge of all aspects of developing using Threads in a MS .NET environment.
- An extensive knowledge of MS Windows based TCP/UDP development in a MS Windows environment.
- USB/Serial development under windows.
- Team Foundation Server experience is a must.
- Ability to work in a team or stand alone.
- Ability to pick up existing projects and continue development to completion.
- Experience Interfacing with custom proprietary hardware over USB/Serial/TCP/UDP is a big plus.
The right candidate will be asked to provide a development portfolio with any live or working samples of their work and code.
Travel: Occasional Local travel (within 20 miles).
I certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.