Our Product Safety Lab has an immediate opening in Union City, CA laboratory for an Inspector /Field Engineer/ with a background in product safety standards. A self–motivated individual with a desire to enter into an exciting career field with a well-established Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory is required.
Responsibilities of Product Safety Field Engineer/Inspector:
- After an extensive training period, the successful candidate will serve as an inspector and perform audits of manufacturer’s facilities.
- Candidate will also perform testing and evaluation of electrical products to National/ and International Standards when deemed competent.
- Candidate will interpret standards and evaluate products for product safety.
- Extensive travel (60% plus domestic and international) and flexible work schedules are required.
Requirements for Product Safety Inspector /Field Engineer/:
- This position requires a strong electrical background and understanding of electrical systems.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills as the candidate will interact with a number of different customers on many different levels. Multi-lingual speaking skills are a huge plus!
- Candidates possessing a background in maintenance and installation of electrical equipment including CNC equipment and heavy commercial and industrial workplace equipment will be considered.
- Candidates with a Masters Electrician License will be considered.
- A. degree, BSEE or equivalent desired, although not required.
- Experience in the product safety field is a plus, but will consider entry level position for the right person.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- We have an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and life Insurance;
- Paid vacation and 401k retirement plan with company participation.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Serious candidates may email their resume in MS Word format (saved as your name – first and last) and cover letter with salary requirements to: HR Recruiter.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates who closely meet the requirements will be contacted.
Design engineers need not apply!